Monday, October 20, 2008

0-1-1

Once again I've been a little absent but I just got my first taste of the 2008-09 Cyclones on Saturday in Dayton. The small sampling I saw was sloppy and not the kind of hockey we're used to seeing Chuck Weber's team play, but it was one game - I'm not panicking yet. Contrary to those comments made by Bombers fans - we are not 0-2, we're 0-1-1 and do, in fact, have one point. Winless, but not defeated.

I have no comment on Wheeling because, well, I was completely out of the loop and haven't even seen a scoresheet, all I know's we lost and Beauregard had a hat trick.

Speaking of Beauregard... How long until Hamilton swaps him for Aubin? Who knows - but they're 4-0. Although it'd be an incredible waste of talent to watch him waste away as a health scratch in the Ameircan Hockey League. Other bits from Hamilton... after four games, David Desharnais (the little munchkin who could) is 16th in the AHL in assists. He's 1-4-5. Ryan Russell has surpassed his 2007-08 point total already in four games. Cedrick Desjardins has yet to see time between the pipes.

In Milwaukee... Van Guilder and McElroy have yet to put up points - could we see one of them soon? Hopefully if Arnott gets healthy, Nashville will trickle some talent down to Milwaukee.